Tuesday, November 12, 2019

doll project



Artist Statement:
This goal of this project was to use an image of ourselves and turn it into a doll/toy. We could use any of the techniques we learned in class and showcase them through this project. Overall, I'm extremely happy with how my completed project turned out. I had some trouble in the very beginning with using Photoshop, but once I got over those troubles I was able to create a clear vision of what I wanted to do.

I think the biggest issue I ran into was the position of my body in the picture because it limited me with what I could and couldn't do. Also, some of the stuff I tried just didn't look good so I decided to keep most of my body unchanged. Looking back on this project, I know wish I would've added strings to make my body into that of a marionette puppet. I think if I would have added the strings, my body would seem more doll-like. If I have extra time, I might try to add/ change what was critiqued in class because it's pretty fun to create something new that I never would've done on my own time.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this piece! I think you did a great job, it's very creative and original. I really love the spookiness of this piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I really like the cracks you added to your skin. They look so real.

    ReplyDelete