Sunday, September 29, 2019

First Illustrator Project


Artist Statement:


This project was really cool and challenged me to do something different. The prompt for this project was to draw a calligram on adobe illustrator, which is an application that I have not used before. I decided to make an elephant as the subject for this project because I could not use an elephant in my other project and it's one of my favorite animals. I was super confused about what to draw for this project, because I tend to overthink things but I'm glad that I drew the elephant.

I had no idea if I was going to fill the elephant with words or if I would put the words on the line path. It ended up looking way better when it was put on the line path, so I decided to go with that. The reason I picked friendship quotes to outline the elephant was because elephants have a wonderful memory and can remember humans they once knew decades ago. Ever since I learned that as a child I have thought it was really sweet and just associate elephants with friendship. Overall, I'm really happy at how this drawing turned out and it's cool to see my skills develop.
 Updated version

No comments:

Post a Comment